Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Vegetables are items that can be pulled out of the ground in Subcon in Super Mario Bros. 2 and used as a weapon. They are the only effective weapon against Wart, and in actual fact one of the varieties of Vegetable isn't seen before your encounter with the bad boy.
There are two varieties of vegetable; ripe and unripe. The ripe vegetables are considerably larger; but are still just as effective when thrown.
- Super Mario Bros. 2 - can be plucked with the "B" button and can be thrown at enemies.
- The Super Mario Bros. Super Show - are used in various episodes to defeat their enemies (the Koopa Pack and King Koopa) in a similar manner to Super Mario Bros. 2. The vegetable throwing sound is also recycled for this and other things such as the launching of a Bullet Bill and the launching of a Fireball.
- Mario VS Wario comics - the first page of the comic illustrated Mario and Wario when they were friends; during this scene, numerous vegetables were in the background, and Wario even picks on up Super Mario Bros. 2-style. Wario can also remember the incident, but his memory is slightly less fair; he recalls Mario asking for help in the garden and taking a row of turnips as his own, leaving himself to tackle the Piranha Plants.
- Super Smash Bros. Melee - Oddly enough, Princess Peach can throw these items as her down and "B" attack. The move is eponymously referred to as "Vegetable" as well. All of her vegetables have varying expressions on their faces, all indicating to a separate amount of inflicted damage (the one with stitches on its mouth will cause a respectable 36% damage). The move is not to be confused with the trophy of the same name.
- Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros 3 - using e-Cards, vegetables can be brought into the game by activating the Blue Green Switch.
- Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - In the recent Wii U game, vegetables can be plucked out of the ground by Captain Toad or Toadette and thrown at enemies. This is one of the only ways to defeat enemies in the game.