- "Hey there, Paisanos! It's The Super Mario Bros. Super Show!"
- — Mario at the title screen.
The Super Mario Bros. Super Show! is a TV series made in 1989 developed by DiC Entertainment. The show led with a "live-action" section for up to five minutes, moved onto an animated part of the show, and for the final five minutes, it reverts to the live-action filming, totalling about half an hour. The "live-action" segment was based on Mario and Luigi, with problems with plumbing, living in a basement, and generally being fed up of Italian jobs. The animated segment insinuates them enjoying their time, fighting with each other and saving Peach. The series began on September 4, 1989, and ended on December 1, 1989. It was distributed by Viacom Entreprises, and currently distributed by Paramount Home Video and NCircle Entertainment. It was associated with the show King Koopa's Kool Kartoons. Many stores had the home videos of this show. NCircle Entertainment also released them on DVD at GameStop along with Nintendo games. The NCircle Entertainment DVDs of the show were also sold at more stores.
- Lou Albano — Mario
- Danny Wells — Luigi
- Jeannie Elias — Princess Peach, Birdo, and Shy Guy
- John Stocker — Toad, Mouser, Snifit, Blooper, Koopa Troopa and Beezo
- Harvey Atkin — Bowser and Tryclyde
- Robert Bockstael
- Dorian Joe Clark
- Rob Cowan
- Denise Pidgeon
- Paulina Gillis
- Greg Morton
- Joyce Gordon
- Greg Swanson
- Diane Fabian
- Marilyn Lightstone
- Marla Lukofsky
For all Mario raps click here: Mario Raps
- The Plumber Rap 1 (Opening theme)
- The Plumber Rap 2 (Opening theme)
- Do the Mario (Ending Theme)
- Two WWF/E Hall of Famers perform in this show, the late Capt. Lou Albano and Sgt. Slaughter.
- The cartoon noticeably uses the same engine as Hulk Hogan's Rock n Wrestling and Adventures Of Sonic The Hedgehog.
- Mario wears a blue shirt and red overalls from his first appearance in Donkey Kong and the first two Super Mario Bros. games and Luigi wears a blue shirt and green overalls from Super Mario Bros. 2 in the cartoon. Also, Bowser is referred as King Koopa and has green skin instead of orange and wears two spiked collars instead of five and wears a gold crown instead of having the usual red hair, resembling his sprite from Super Mario Bros.. Peach is referred as Princess Toadstool and has red hair instead of blonde and she has no white gloves and wears a plain gold crown resembling her sprite from Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario Bros. 2 and Toad's appearance is based on his sprite from Super Mario Bros. in which his vest is red instead of blue and his shoes were purple instead of brown. However, in the first three episodes, Toad's color scheme is reversed having a red hat with white spots and white vest with red pants and white shoes, although this old color scheme would later be reused for Toad's super form in a later episode.