|Super Mario Run|
Worldwide: December 15, 2016
Worldwide: March 23, 2017
|Media||iOS/Android: Digital download|
iOS version 8.0 and above
|Input methods||iOS/Android devices:|
Super Mario Run is a mobile game for iOS and Android. It was first announced in September 7, 2016. It was released for iOS on December 15, 2016 and for Android on March 22, 2017. However, it was released for IPads and iPhones around December 20, 2016.
Throughout each level, Mario will constantly run to the right without stopping, except when on Pause Blocks, and will jump if the player taps the screen. Mario will automatically grab ledges if he can reach them and will also jump over short obstacles on his own, including Goombas. If the player taps the screen while Mario is over an enemy, he will bounce off of it. If the player taps while Mario is on a wall, he will Wall Jump. The game will feature 24 levels (consisting of 6 worlds containing 4 levels each), of which Worlds 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, and a portion of 1-4 will be free. The game is additionally required to be always online.
In every level, up to five Pink Coins may be found among regular coins and within brick blocks. On the results screen, each Pink Coin is counted as ten regular coins. If all five Pink Coins are collected in a single run, they will become Purple Coins within that level, and the position of the coins will be made more challenging. If all five of these coins are again collected, they will become Black Coins. Collecting all five Black Coins will have no further effect.
The game features three game modes: World Tour, Toad Rally, and Kingdom Builder. World Tour is the single-player mode; in Toad Rally, the player can compete with other players from around the world; and in the Kingdom Builder mode, players will be able to build their own kingdom. The main objective is to collect as many coins in a stage as possible. As Mario collects coins, a blue meter will gradually fill up. Once it is full, the player can use a mechanic known as Coin Rush, which will allow Mario to run into enemies to defeat them and earn more coins. The player can also attract Toads by performing certain moves, which also increase the player's score.
The game has the following three modes:
- Koopa Troopa
- Bullet Bill
- Piranha Plant
- Dry Bones
- Boom Boom
- Lava Bubble
- Purple Coin
- Super Mushroom
- Warp Pipe
- Challenge Coin
- Pink Coin
- Super Star
- Coin Rush Star
- ? Block
- Brick Block
- Pause Blocks
- A block with an arrow icon
- A purple block with a timer icon
- Checkpoint Flag
- Goal Pole
- ! Switch
- Red Ring
- Red Coin
- A ring of fire
- Black Coin
There are 6 worlds and 4 levels in each world, 2 levels are the airships, dungeons, and castles. The first three levels are free, while the next level and rest of the worlds and levels must be unlocked for $9.99.
- World 1-1: Up and Over
- World 1-2: Wall-Kicking It Underground
- World 1-3: Paratroopas in Mushroom Valley
- World 1-4: Bowser's Castle Hangout
- World 2-1: Ghost-Door Deception
- World 2-2: Sky-High Lifts and Leaps!
- World 2-3: Treasure-Hoarding Swoops
- World 2-4: Airship Cannons...Fire!
- World 3-1: Big Spiny Blitz
- World 3-2: Bullet Bill Barrage
- World 3-3: Shell Me the Way!
- World 3-4: Fire Bar Castle! Youch!
- World 4-1: Cutting-Edge Spire
- World 4-2: Slope to Success
- World 4-3: Danger High and Low
- World 4-4: Firing the Airship's Burners
- World 5-1: Lakitu's Revenge
- World 5-2: Pokey Vaulting
- World 5-3: Boohind Lock and Key
- World 5-4: Rings of Fire!
- World 6-1: Land of Spikes
- World 6-2: Switch Ghost House
- World 6-3: Throwing It All Overboard
- World 6-4: Bowser's Bob-ombing Run