|Super Mario Advance|
The North American boxart for Super Mario Advance.
|Release date|| March 21, 2001|
June 11, 2001
June 22, 2001
|Next game||Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World|
Super Mario Advance is a remake of the North American version of Super Mario Bros. 2 using the Super Mario All-Stars engine, It was released for the Game Boy Advance as a flagship launch title in 2001. In the game, players choose between Mario, Luigi, Peach and Toad and go through the world of Subcon.
Differences from the original
- Princess Toadstool is referred to as Peach.
- Each character now has a line of dialogue.
- The arcade game Mario Bros. has been re-made to play.
- The boss of World 3 is now Robirdo rather than Mouser.
- A new multiplayer mode based on Mario Bros. was made to use the Game Boy Advance's new 4 player Link cable connection.