|Shifting Sand Land|
Mario in Shifting Sand Land.
|Located||Somewhere near Dry Dry Desert.|
|First game||Super Mario 64|
|Game(s)|| Super Mario 64|
Super Mario 64 DS
Shifting Sand Land is the eighth course in Super Mario 64 and Super Mario 64 DS. It consists of a desert with a pyramid in the middle. The pyramid can be entered by climbing to the top. There are several Power Stars to obtain inside the pyramid.
Star 1: In the Talons of the Big Bird
For this Star, Mario must grab a Wing Cap and take the star away from a Klepto. The Klepto is seen flying around in the entire level but is mainly seen flying around the pyramid. Once Mario bumps into the Klepto, the Star will be his.
Star 2: Shining Atop the Pyramid
As the name states, Mario must now head toward the top of the pyramid to get this star. This can be easily done by, once again, using the Wing Cap. Mario must fly to a little platform near the top of the pyramid that leads to the star and get there himself to get it.
Star 3: Inside the Ancient Pyramid
Mario must now head inside of the pyramid. He must put on the Wing Cap and fly his way into a door. Once inside, Mario must carefully navigate through the course on the inside and avoid Grindels and stay on that same path to eventually reach the star.
Star 4: Stand Tall On the Four Pillars
For this Star, Mario must run across the four large pillars that surround the pyramid. One misstep will land Mario in the treacherous quicksand so the Wing Cap is the safest way to reach the top of the pillars. Once Mario has done so, the top of the pyramid will explode leading to a new entrance. Mario must down descend the elevator until he reaches a room where he must fight Eyerok, the guardian of the pyramid. After defeating Eyerok, Mario is awarded with a star.
Star 5 :Free Flying For 8 Red Coins
Mario must search the entire level for the red coins.
- The first one is located at the very edge of the level, behind the starting point.
- The second one is found inside of a block under where the first Wing Cap is found near the start.
- The third one is found on the stone walkway with the giant, moving blocks near the cannon.
- The fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh ones are found in the air between each of the stone pillars.
- The eight and final one is located near the two pillars on the left side of the pyramid, in the oasis.
The Star Marker can be found at the same location where the second red coin is collected.
Star 6 Pyramid Puzzle
Star 7 Tox Box Switch Star
Only playable in Super Mario 64 DS.
- Shifting Sand Land is one of some levels in the game that doesn't contain a true painting leading to the level.