- "Hi! I'm Daisy!"
- ― Daisy
Princess Daisy is the ruler of Sarasaland. She has a fondness for flowers which is shown in some of the games she appears in. She is portrayed as being best friends with Princess Peach as well as being Luigi's love interest. But despite her being the ruler of Sarasaland, Daisy resides in the Mushroom Kingdom.
HistorySuper Mario Land. During this time, her kingdom, Sarasaland, another kingdom in the Mushroom World, was invaded by the mysterious space alien Tatanga. Princess Daisy, the ruler of Sarasaland, was kidnapped by the space invader because he wanted to rule Sarasaland by marrying her. Mario started his adventure to rescue Princess Daisy by traveling into the four kingdoms of Sarasaland. In each of them, after Mario defeats a boss, an enemy was waiting disguised as Princess Daisy. Mario finally defeated Tatanga and saved the real Daisy. They then drive off in a rocket and the credits roll.
Mario Tennis series
After 9 years without an appearance, Princess Daisy made her great reintroduction to the Mario Tennis series in the N64 game Mario Tennis. She reappeared because there was not enough human characters. The princess was a technical character and looked similar to Peach, but with brown hair, an orange dress, a slight tan and no crown.
Her next appearance in the Mario Tennis series was in the game Mario Power Tennis. This is also her second appearance in a Mario Tennis game. In this game, Daisy is again a technical character, like Peach. She has two special shots: her offensive power shot is Wonder Flower and her defensive power shot is the Flowerbed Return.
Daisy is playable in Mario Tennis Open. She is a Technique character again, along with Peach and Luma. Her partner in Doubles Tournaments is Peach. Unlike Mario Power Tennis, Daisy now wears a skirt instead of shorts.
Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash
Daisy's next appearance in the Mario Tennis series is Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash. Unlike other Mario Tennis games, Daisy is now an All-Around type. Daisy also reverts to wearing shorts like in Mario Power Tennis.Mario Party 3. The princess is not playable in the Story Mode, but she is playable in Party Mode and Battle Mode. In Story Mode, she appears after the player wins the Courage Stamp. She wanted to have the Beauty Stamp and even tricked the Millennium Star into almost giving it to her. However, she was defeated by the player and ran off crying.
In the Mushroom Kingdom, Daisy and the other characters were in Peach's Castle Garden when they saw something big landing in the garden. They all find out that Toad, Goomba, Boo, Shy Guy and Koopa Troopa discovered a mysterious Party Cube. This is the first game in which Daisy is seen with her current dress design.
One day, in the peaceful Dream Depot, the Star Guards decided to invite Daisy and the others to a party in the Dream Depot. They decided to give them a chance to visit the world of dreams. Bowser planned to invade Dream Depot and destroy everyone's dreams. So Daisy and the others fought to defeat him.Brighton and Twila, the sun and the moon respectively, started to argue because they wanted to know who is the more impressive. Daisy and the others tried to get them to make up, but that did not work. Then they all had an idea, they decided to throw a Mario Party and gather the power of the Stars and to use their power to calm down the arguing beings. Mario Party 7, Daisy and the Mario crew all received an invitation from Toadsworth to go on a luxury cruise, but Bowser did not get invited and decided to sabotage the party. Once again, Mario, Daisy and the other people attending fought against Bowser.
Mario Party 8 Tag Teams
|Daisy + Mario =||Flower Players|
|Daisy + Luigi =||Tango Tanglers|
|Daisy + Peach =||Damsels in Success|
|Daisy + Yoshi =||Tomboy Trouble|
|Daisy + Wario =||Mischief-Makers|
|Daisy + Waluigi =||Double Facers|
|Daisy + Toad =||Bloomy Shroomy|
|Daisy + Boo =||High Spirited Duo|
|Daisy + Toadette =||Perfumed Shroomy|
|Daisy + Birdo =||Gallopin' Gal-Pals|
|Daisy + Dry Bones =||Daisy Pushers|
|Daisy + Blooper =||Bloopsie-Daisy|
|Daisy + Hammer Bro =||Barn Builders|
One night when Daisy and the others were stargazing, they notice a purple vortex taking all the ministars. They see that Bowser is stealing all of them, so Daisy and the others venture forth to retrieve them.
Daisy returns as a playable character in Mario Party 10.
Mario Kart series
Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
She is first seen racing in a kart in Mario Kart: Double Dash!!. Daisy is a middle weight character and was the default partner of Peach. Her special item was the Heart, a defensive item that give her the item that just hit Daisy. Her kart was the Bloom Coach and is unlocked by finishing the 50 cc Flower Cup.
Daisy returns in Mario Kart 8 as a medium-weight character. This is so far the only game where Daisy is a starting character.
Mario Golf series
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
Daisy's second time on the green is in Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour, but instead of being a caddie, she plays the game herself. In the game, she is a power character.
This is the first game that Daisy is voiced by Deanna Mustard, her current voice actress and is the first game where Daisy wears her sport outfit.
Mario Golf: World Tour
Daisy is also playable in Mario Golf: World Tour. She wears a skirt (known as her Tennis Wear) in this game instead of shorts, similar to Peach.
Mario Baseball series
Mario Superstar Baseball'The first time we see the flower princess hitting a baseball is in Mario Superstar
Daisy returns in Mario Super Sluggers as a playable character. She is available from the start in Exhibition Mode, but must be unlocked in Challenge Mode. This is the first game to show Peach and Daisy share dialogue with each other, where Peach shows concern for Daisy after Bowser Jr. turned her into a statue.
Mario Strikers series
Super Mario Strikers: The princess also appears in the sport spin-off Super Mario Strikers. In the game, Daisy is an offensive character and she wore orange soccer jersey and her number is 09. Her Super Strike is the Torpedo Strike.
Daisy appeares as a captain in Mario Strikers Charged. She is a defensive player and can teleport short distances. Her special move is Crystal Smash that can rise rocks from the ground. In the intro Daisy was running after the ball, only to get hit by Donkey Kong's Thunder Wham move.
Daisy also appears in Mario Sports Mix. Her special move traps the opposing team in a small, circular flower garden, making the target easier to hit. She is a technical-based character.
Princess Daisy's first unlockable appearance on the Nintendo DS was in the only-Japanese mahjong game, Yakuman DS. In the game, Daisy is at rank 10, she has 3/5 stars and had good luck and attack but low defense.
Mario Sports Superstars
Daisy is confirmed to be a playable character in this game, with her in the Horse-Racing and Tennis thumbnails.
Despite her attractiveness, sweetness and beauty, Princess Daisy has a type of tomboyish/feisty attitude, as she doesn't get captured by Bowser, that may tell us she can fight back for herself. As seen in most games, it's shown that she's also quite sassy, boisterous, and spunky. Her emblem is the Daisy flower and she is supposedly the love interest of Luigi, which has been hinted at many times in games. However, they were not officially confirmed and Daisy may not even return the feelings towards back to him.
- Daisy is the first (and so far only) major Mario character not created by Shigeru Miyamoto.
- It has been known that Daisy has a tomboyish personality. This is shown by Daisy and Yoshi's tag team name in Mario Party 8 being Tomboy Trouble. This is also shown by the fact that she almost only appears in sports games, with few appearances outside of them.
- In Mario is Missing!, there is a woman that provides the help information who has a strong resemblance to Princess Daisy in terms of appearance. However, it is not confirmed as to whether this character is actually Daisy or not.
- Daisy was played by Samantha Matthis in the live-action movie Super Mario Bros., only she was a blonde, dinosaur/human hybrid and the princess of an alternate dimension called Dinohatten.
- She was also in a series of comic books just titled "Gameboy Comics" which featured Tatanga escaping the Gameboy world and trying to take over the real world. In that, Daisy was his captive but didn't exactly show restraint. Instead of complaining of being a prisoner, she instead spent most of the issues just trying to politely talk Tatanga out of his conquest, since he was in love with her so she thought she could persuade him.
- Daisy is the only Mario Kart: Double Dash!! newcomer not to be cut in any future Mario Kart game. Only she and Waluigi appeared in Mario Kart DS, while Waluigi was absent in Mario Kart 7, (though he was supposed to be in the game as a playable character).
- Along with Waluigi, Daisy appears in every Mario Party game since Mario Party 3 as a playable character except Advance.
- Daisy was revived because some game developers have made an evil version of Peach named WaluPeachie, but Miyamoto rejected this idea.
- Princess Daisy has had 3 designs.
- In Super Smash Bros. Melee, one of Peach's alternate costumes is based on Daisy's outfit and it even changes her appearance to closely resemble Daisy, while in Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U, it only became a recoloring of her appearance.
|Mario • Princess Daisy|
|Birabuto Kingdom • Muda Kingdom • Easton Kingdom • Chai Kingdom • Sarasaland|
|Batadon • Bombshell Koopa • Bullet Biff • Bunbun • Chicken • Chikako • Fly • Ganchan • Gao • Gunion • Goombo • Honen . Kumo • Mekabon • Nyololin • Pionpi • Piranha Plant • Pompon Flower • Roketon • Roto-Disc • Suu • Tokotoko • Torion • Yurarin • Yurarin Boo|
|King Totomesu • Dragonzamasu • Tamao • Hiyoihoi • Biokinton • Tatanga|
|Mushroom • Flower • Superball • Star • 1-Up Heart • Coin • Mystery Block • Marine Pop • Sky Pop • Pagosu|