|New Super Mario Bros.|
The logo as it appears in New Super Mario Bros.
|First Installment||New Super Mario Bros. (2006)|
|Latest Installment||New Super Luigi U (2013)|
|Number of Installments||5|
The New Super Mario Bros series is a series of 2D Mario side-scrolling games for Nintendo DS, Wii, Nintendo 3DS and Wii U consoles, having strong resemblances to the classic games for the NES and the SNES.
All New Super Mario Bros. games are almost alike, with new games adding some new levels that look almost the same, some new power-ups, some old enemies from older Mario games or some new enemies.
Games in series
- New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo DS, 2006)
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Wii, 2009)
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 (Nintendo 3DS, 2012)
- New Super Mario Bros. U (Wii U, 2012)
- New Super Luigi U (Wii U, 2013)
New Super Mario Bros. games are a new take on classic side-scrolling Mario games. The games play very similar to the original Super Mario Bros. game. New power-ups, like the Mega Mushroom, introduce new types of gameplay. In the New Super Mario Bros. games for Wii and Wii U, there can be up to four to five players (four on Wii, five on Wii U, including the new controller).
- Out of the games of these series, only New Super Mario Bros. has featured mini-games (as most of them are from Super Mario 64 DS).