|New Super Luigi U|
August 25, 2013 Downloadable from New Super Mario Bros. U: June 20, 2013
|Mode(s)||Single player, Multiplayer|
|Media||Wii U disk|
|Previous game||New Super Mario Bros. U|
|Next game||Super Mario Run|
New Super Luigi U is the fifth installment in the New Super Mario Bros. series. It has the same world map as in New Super Mario Bros. U, however, the levels are different. The game is dedicated to Luigi, who is the main character in the game, due to the game being released during the Year of Luigi. Nabbit is a playable character in the game, being playable both in single player and multiplayer. Powerups don't affect him, but can be used as 1-Ups when reaching the flagpole. However, he is invincible to everything except for pits, lava, and poison water.
- This is one of four games so far where Luigi is the main character instead of Mario. The other three are Mario is Missing!, Luigi's Mansion, and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon.
- There are pictures of hidden Luigi's in every stage of the game, they don't give you anything, but they are cool To find
- You can play as Nabbit in single player by holding the ZL trigger in the GamePad or the B button on the Wii Remote.
- For Flying Squirrel Ovation, the final level, the player can play as their Mii in single player by using the same mechanics above.
- This game was also released in a bundle, packaged with New Super Mario Bros. U, and a black Wii U.
- The timer is at the "rush time" (100 seconds) when the player starts a stage.
- Entering each door to a boss battle gives you an extra 100 seconds, except for the final battle, which gives 250 seconds.
- Even though Nabbit helps Luigi in multiplayer mode, Nabbit still steals items from the Toad Houses, and the players will have to catch him. It will not work when Nabbit is playing in co-op mode, and in single-player mode if the player does the trick to play as Nabbit in the level where Nabbit went, the player will still continue playing as Luigi.
- Mario himself isn't seen, but he is referenced twice; in the intro, in which his hat is on the table, and in the level Broozers and Barrels, which features a Mario-based snowman at the beginning of the stage. This makes New Super Luigi U the only game so far where Luigi appears, but Mario doesn't.
- An in-game "second" in New Super Luigi U is actually 1 second, while in New Super Mario Bros. U, an in-game "second" lasts only 0.75 seconds.
|New Super Luigi U · Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon · Mario & Luigi: Dream Team · Dr. Luigi · Luigi Bros.|