The Moons from the Metro and Sand Kingdoms
|First Game||Super Mario Odyssey|
Power Moons, also known simply as Moons, are the main collectable found in Super Mario Odyssey. They are the equivalent of Power Stars and Shine Sprites from previous Mario games. It is confirmed that there will be more Moons in Super Mario Odyssey than Stars and Shines in previous games. Capping at a whopping 999 moons in total. Moons will also not force Mario to leave the level, unlike previous games.
When Mario collects a Multi Moon, it is worth as much as three normal Moons.
Each Moon is in the shape of a crescent moon or star with eyes, similar to that of Power Stars and Shine Sprites. Their color depends on which Kingdom the Moon is found. Each Kingdom's set of Moons have a different color than those of other Kingdoms.
- Mushroom Kingdom - Yellow Power Star Moons
- Cap Kingdom - Yellow Moons
- Cascade Kingdom - Yellow Moons
- Sand Kingdom - Green Moons
- Lake Kingdom - Pink Moons
- Wooded Kingdom - Blue Moons
- Cloud Kingdom - Yellow
- Lost Kingdom - Yellow
- Metro Kingdom - Bronze Moons
- Snow Kingdom - Orange Moons
- Seaside Kingdom - Purple Moons
- Luncheon Kingdom - Cyan Moons
- Ruined Kingdom - Yellow
- Bowser's Kingdom - Ruby Red
- Moon Kingdom - Milky White Moons
- Dark Side - Yellow
- Darker Side - Yellow