The Moons from the Metro and Sand Kingdoms
|First Game||Super Mario Odyssey|
Power Moons, also known simply as Moons, are the main collectable found in Super Mario Odyssey. They are the equivalent of Power Stars and Shine Sprites from previous Mario games. It is confirmed that there will be more Moons in Super Mario Odyssey than Stars and Shines in previous games. Moons will also not force Mario to leave the level, unlike previous games.
When Mario collects a Multi Moon, it is worth as much as three normal Moons.
Each Moon is in the shape of a crescent moon with eyes, similar to that of Power Stars and Shine Sprites. Their color depends on which Kingdom the Moon is found. Each Kingdom's set of Moons have a different color than those of other Kingdoms.
- Metro Kingdom - Bronze Moons
- Sand Kingdom - Green Moons
- Wooded Kingdom - Blue Moons
- Luncheon Kingdom - Cyan Moons
- Cascade Kingdom - Yellow Moons
- Seaside Kingdom - Purple Moons
- Snow Kingdom -
- Lake Kingdom -
- Mushroom Kingdom -
- Tropical Kingdom - Yellow Moons