|Super Mario Strikers|
North American cover
|Developer(s)||Next Level Games|
|Release date|| January 19, 2006|
December 5, 2005
November 18, 2005
April 6, 2006
|Mode(s)||Single player, Multiplayer|
|Media||1 GameCube disc|
Super Mario Strikers, called Mario Smash Football in Europe and Australia, is the first soccer game in the Mario series. It features no rules. A sequel named Mario Strikers Charged was released on the Wii.
There are two types of characters on the game, captains and sidekick. The captains are the leaders of the team, and they play in the matches. The sidekicks are all the other players.
- Mario: Super Strike: Fire Strike
- Luigi: Super Strike: Vicious Vortex
- Peach: Super Strike: Royal Strike
- Daisy: Super Strike: Torpedo Strike
- Yoshi: Super Strike: Foot of Fury
- Wario: Super Strike: Belly Blast
- Waluigi: Super Strike: Drop Rocket
- Donkey Kong: Super Strike: Power Fist Strike
The Super Team
The Super Team is a group of four very advanced robots built by Bowser. Not much is known about them. The way to unlock them is to win against them at the end of the Bowser Cup. The player will also unlock Bowser Stadium by beating them.
The stadiums are where the soccer matches take place. Three are available at the beginning of the game and four can be unlocked.
The cup battles is a series of tournaments. you will have to work your way up to unlock the other cups.
- Mushroom Cup: Starting cup.
- Flower Cup: Place in the top 3 in the Mushroom Cup to unlock this cup.
- Star Cup: Place in the top 3 in the Flower Cup to unlock this cup.
- Bowser Cup : Place in the top 3 in the Star Cup to unlock this cup.
Note: at the end of the Bowser Cup, the player will have to fight the Super Team. If they beat them, they will unlock them as a playable character and unlock Bowser Stadium.