|Mario Party 8|
The boxart for Mario Party 8.
|Series||Mario Party series|
|Release date|| July 26, 2007|
November 11, 2008
May 29, 2007
June 22, 2007
July 19, 2007
|Mode(s)||Single Player, Multiplayer|
|Ratings||ESRB: E (Everyone)|
|Previous game||Mario Party 7|
|Next game||Mario Party DS|
Mario Party 8 is the eighth installment in the Mario Party series and the first for the Wii. It features Mario, his friends and enemies visiting a large carnival called the Star Carnival, which is hosted by MC Ballyhoo and Bigtop.
Mario and the gang come to the Star Carnival and enter a contest to see who can win the grand prize of a year's worth of candy! MC Ballyhoo and Big Top host it all, and have the contestants square off on all five boards. The winner emerges and MC Ballyhoo presents the winner with their prize, a year's supply of candy, and a new prize, the legendary Star Rod. But then Bowser comes flying down and takes the Star Rod and challenges Mario and the gang to come to his board, Bowser's Warped Orbit. Upon arrival, the winner has to take on either Hammer Bro. or Blooper. Once victory is achieved, Bowser decides to take matters into his own hands and fights the winner in Superstar Showdown. When Bowser is defeated, the player is awarded their prize (for real this time), and the mini-game stand opens.
- Princess Peach
- Princess Daisy
- Dry Bones
- Hammer Bro. (New)
- Blooper (New)
- Mii (Extra Zone only)
- DK's Treetop Temple
- Goomba's Booty Boardwalk
- King Boo's Haunted Hideaway
- Shy Guy's Perplex Express
- Koopa's Tycoon Town
- Bowser's Warped Orbit (3D mode on Maddox's Expansion pak)
Here is a list of mini-games in Mario Party 8.
On July 13, the game was recalled in the United Kingdom due to the word "spastic" in the game. The word spastic is considered to be a highly offensive word in the United Kingdom. The word was replaced with the word "erratic" on the re-release day August 3. The word "spastic" was used in the phrase "...turn this train spastic...".
- This was the first Mario Party game on Wii.
- It includes new characters from last game.
- This game is the only Mario Party game to feature Blooper, Hammer Bro., and Miis as playable characters.
- This is the second and final Mario Party games to feature Dry Bones as a playable characters.
- This is the only Mario Party game without Koopa Kid (known as Mini-Bowser in PAL regions) or Bowser Jr.
- This is the first Mario Party where the players' stats while playing in a board is not in the four corners of the screen; it is shown in a column in the top right corner.
- This is the only Mario Party game to show all the mini-games in the selected category on the roulette wheel, instead of only three, four or five.
- With 14 characters (excluding Miis in the Extra Zone), Mario Party 8 has the most playable characters in the Mario Party series.
|Mario Party | Mario Party 2 | Mario Party 3 | Mario Party 4 | Mario Party 5 | Mario Party 6 | Mario Party 7 | Mario Party 8 | Mario Party 9 | Mario Party 10 | Mario Party Advance | Mario Party-e | Mario Party DS | Mario Party: Island Tour | Mario Party: Star Rush|