|Mario Party 2|
Mario Party 2's Coverart
|Series||Mario Party series|
|Release date|| December 18, 1999|
January 24, 2000
October 12, 2000
|Mode(s)||Single Player, Multiplayer|
|Ratings||ESRB: E (Everyone)|
|Platform(s)||Nintendo 64, Wii|
|Previous game||Mario Party|
|Next game||Mario Party 3|
Mario Party 2 is the 2nd installment of Mario Party for the Nintendo 64. Mario Party 2 brings back the original cast from the first installment, and adds new innovations to the gameplay. This game is also the only Mario Party game with the separate Boards as main menu options rather than selecting from a list after confirming with Toad.
This game begins with Toad telling the player a story about Mario and his friends having an argument about Mario Land and that they should rename it. Toad then says that while they were arguing, Bowser came and attacked Mario Land. He breaks the fight up by telling them that the first person to beat Bowser in the game will get to rename Mario Land. The game begins.
The main menu contains seven options:
- Rules Land - Learn the rules of Mario Party 2.
- Pirate Land - Become pirates and scour a tropical island in search of treasure.
- Western Land - Become deputies in a tiny town of the Old West.
- Space Land - Become members of the Space Patrol and help keep the galaxy safe.
- Mystery Land - Become archaeologists in search of answers to the mystery artifacts.
- Horror Land - Become wizards and venture through the haunted forest.
- Option Laboratory - Professor Fungi's research center; set game options here.
This game also features a difficulty on the boards.
- Pirate Land: Easy
- Western Land: Easy
- Space Land: Medium
- Mystery Land: Medium
- Horror Land: Hard
- Bowser Land: Hard (Unlockable after all Boards are played)
- Star Land In Maddox's Expansion Pak
- Magic Lamp (Rare)
- Golden Mushroom
- Bowser Bomb
- Bowser Suit
- Warp Block
- Dueling Glove
- Boo Bell
- Skeleton Key
- Plunder Chest
- This was originally planned to be the first game Wario starred in, and the second Toad starred in. Since Wario was considered, Wario was a playable character in the first two games.
- This is the first Mario Party game to be released in the Virtual Console as of December 24, 2010, and to date the only one.
- This is the first Mario Party game for the characters to have different outfits for each board.
|Mario Party | Mario Party 2 | Mario Party 3 | Mario Party 4 | Mario Party 5 | Mario Party 6 | Mario Party 7 | Mario Party 8 | Mario Party 9 | Mario Party 10 | Mario Party Advance | Mario Party-e | Mario Party DS | Mario Party: Island Tour|