The North American boxart.
|Release date|| December 18, 1998|
February 8, 1999
March 9, 1999
|Mode(s)||Single Player, Multiplayer|
|Ratings||ESRB: E (Everyone)|
Mario Party is a video-game based on board games, and the first in the hit series. In this game choose one of the six characters to play as, choose a board to play on, and then play and move around it. As you progress, collect coins and various items to help during your quest of finding Stars. It takes 20 coins to buy a star. The game's successor was Mario Party 2.
The game's plot is very simple and barebones. One day, Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Donkey Kong and Wario begin debating about who in their group is the super star based on their personal abilities. Toad, who is literally at the center of their discussion, suggests the six of them determine who is the super star through a series of games placed on maps resembling board games. Whoever acquires the most stars in these games will be crowned the super star. With that incentive, they enter a warp pipe and the game begins.
As the first of the Mario Party series, this game set the stage for one of the most popular games to ever be released by Nintendo, with emphasis on the minigame stages and the simple board game style of play. The gameplay setup has remained mostly the same throughout the series. The game has 6 starter boards, 2 the players unlock, and one found at the mini-game house.
- DK's Jungle Adventure
- Peach's Birthday Cake
- Yoshi's Tropical Island
- Wario's Battle Canyon
- Luigi's Engine Room
- Mario's Rainbow Castle
- Bowser's Magma Mountain - Unlockable after all Boards are played, buy for 980 coins
- Eternal Star - Unlockable after 100 stars are gathered
- Mini-Game Stadium - Found at the Mini Game House (red pot)
- Bowser's Magma Mountain (play on all boards and purchase for 980 coins)
- Eternal Star (Play Bowser's Magma Mountain, collect 100 stars)
Main Article: List of mini-games in Mario Party
- In this game, the Ground Pound move has be renamed to "Hip Drop". This is because there is a mini-game that is also called Ground Pound.
This video game article is semi-complete.
All pages dealing with this video game series are almost complete and pages still must be created. See here for more.