"A lottery ticket from Lucky's booth. Your number's..."
|First Game||Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door|
|Appearances||Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door|
|Notes||Can be used to enter a drawing that may result in a prize.|
The Lottery Pick is a key item that appears in Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door.
The Lottery Pick is a rather special item. This item can be purchased from Lucky in Rogueport for 10 coins and each one as a four digit code. The lottery numbers are picked each day at midnight (and it is midnight from the Nintendo GameCube's internal clock). The player must be careful to not willingly adjust the clock each time. The first time only results in a warning from Lucky but the second time, the player must pay a hefty 500 coin fine.
To win, at least the last two digits match. The odds of hitting the jackpack is very slim (about a 1 to 10,000 chance). The prizes for winning include:
- 1st prize (Jackpot) - 3 Gold Bars and free games to play at the Pianta Parlor
- 2nd prize - The Lucky Day badge and Zess Special
- 3rd prize - An Ultra Shroom
- 4th prize - A Life Shroom
If the player does have a winning ticket (which the chances for that are very high), Lucky will give them a Mushroom for their efforts.
- This is one of few times for a Mario game for the Nintendo GameCube to make use of its internal clock.
- This is the only key item in the game that can be purchased over and over again.