Artwork from Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
|First Game||Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (1996)|
|Appearances||Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (1996)|
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (2003)
|Homeland||The Star Road|
|Alternative Form(s)||Gaz's Doll|
- "This is Star Hill. Wishes, which were transformed at the Star Road, fall from here. But.... Some wishes that haven't been granted yet are falling because Smithy destroyed the Star Road. Frogfucius mentioned hearing about a Star Piece on this hill. Let's see if we can find it."
- — Geno, in the beginning of Star Hill.
Geno is a star sprite, as well as one of the playable characters in Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. After the Star Road was destroyed, Geno came down to Earth to fix it. After Mario was knocked unconscious by the doll's special attack, he spent the night at Rose Town's inn. During the night, the star sprite chose the Geno doll and took over it, and such, he came to life. He then walked out of Rose Town and into the Forest Maze, and Gaz claims that he saw him.
Geno's real name is spelled as a heart, a music note, an exclamation point, and a question mark, but as it was to hard to say, he asked Mario and Mallow to call him Geno, after the doll who was owned by Gaz. Geno is one of the more offensive party members. He has high regular attack and magic. He is also the fastest party member, provided that none of your other members have an equipped item that raises speed. However, his magic defense tends to be quite low. After the adventure is over, Geno leaves the doll's body, resumes his star form, bids farewell to his teammates, and takes the Star Pieces back to the Star Road. He makes a cameo appearance in the ending parade (credits) and Mario and Princess Peach watch him ascend and leave Earth. He then makes the words The End appear.
He also makes a cameo in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga as the host of a minigame.
- Geno's timed Geno Whirl can even take out Exor with one hit if timed right. This is the only time the 9,999 timed hit works on a boss.
- Geno joins the group while you fight Bowyer.
- Geno has achieved extensive popularity from fans because of his calm, cool appearance.