Artwork from Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
|First Game||Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (1996)|
|Appearances||Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (1996)|
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (2003)
|Homeland||The Star Road|
|Alternative Form(s)||Gaz's Doll|
- "This is Star Hill. Wishes, which were transformed at the Star Road, fall from here. But.... Some wishes that haven't been granted yet are falling because Smithy destroyed the Star Road. Frogfucius mentioned hearing about a Star Piece on this hill. Let's see if we can find it."
- — Geno, in the beginning of Star Hill.
Geno is a star sprite, as well as one of the playable characters in Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. After the Star Road was destroyed, Geno came down to Earth to fix it. During the night Mario spent sleeping at Rose Town's inn, the star sprite chose Gaz's Geno doll as his earthly avatar. Seeking the Star Pieces, Geno headed deep into the Forest Maze to fight Bowyer. Mario and Mallow aid Geno in battle and add him to the party afterward.
Geno's real name is represented in text as a heart, a music note, an exclamation point, and a question mark, but asks Mario and Mallow to call him Geno, after the doll who was owned by Gaz. Geno is one of the more offensive party members. He has high regular attack and magic. He is also the fastest party member, provided that none of your other members have an equipped item that raises speed. However, his magic defense tends to be quite low. After the adventure is over, Geno leaves the doll's body, resumes his star form, bids farewell to his teammates and takes the Star Pieces back to the Star Road. He makes an appearance in the ending credits parade, Mario and Princess Toadstool watch him ascend and leave Earth. He then makes the words "The End" appear.
He also makes a cameo in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga as the host of a minigame.
- "Stop! Hold it right there! You don't know what you're doing. RETURN that star to me!"
- "I serve... a higher authority..."
- "I'm "♥♪!?", but it's hard to pronounce so... Call me "Geno", after the doll. I chose him because he looked the strongest out of all the dolls."
- "Come on! Let's get this show on the road."
- Geno's timed Geno Whirl can even take out Exor with one hit if timed right. This is the only time the 9,999 timed hit works on a boss.
- Geno joins the group while you fight Bowyer making him the only character in the game to join the party during a boss fight.
- A costume of Geno appears in Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U for the Mii Gunner.