The flagpole in New Super Mario Bros. Wii
|First Game||Super Mario Bros.|
|Appearances||Super Mario Bros.|
Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
New Super Mario Bros.
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix
Super Mario All-Stars
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Mario Party 8
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
Super Mario 3D Land
New Super Mario Bros. 2
New Super Mario Bros. U
New Super Luigi U
Super Mario 3D World
|Found||At the end of levels.|
|Effects||Once grabbed, the level is finished.|
The Flagpole, also called the Goal Pole, is the object at the end of a traditional side-scrolling Mario game. They first appeared in Super Mario Bros., and have reappeared in numerous titles since. They haven't appeared in every main title, though. In the Super Mario series, flagpoles are replaced with stars, with the exception of Super Mario 3D Land, which is the first Super Mario game to have flagpoles instead of stars.
Grabbing the flagpole can have various effects. The higher the player is able to get to the top, closer to the flag itself, the more points he or she gets. If the player reaches the very top, the player gets a 1-Up. However, in Super Mario 3D World, you get 10000 points instead.
Super Mario Bros.
If the player gets a 1, 3 or 6 on the timer, you will get a certain amount of fireworks depending on the number.
- 0-17 pixels high: 100 extra points
- 18-57 pixels high: 400 extra points
- 58-81 pixels high: 800 extra points
- 82-127 pixels high: 2000 extra points
- 128-153 pixels high: 4000 extra points
- Top of the pole: 1-Up
===New Super Mario Bros. U===
If the last two digits on the timer match, a Toad will give the player a power-up depending on what the numbers are
- Super Mushroom, (ends with 11 ,22, 33)
- Fire Flower, (ends with 44)
- Ice Flower, (ends with 55)
- Mini Mushroom, (ends wit 66)
- Super Acorn, (ends with 77)
- Star, (ends with 88, 99)
- Nothing, (ends with 00)
===New Super Mario Bros Wii===
If the last two digits on the timer match, a Mushroom House will appear on the Arrow Space of the World map depending on what the numbers are. The same goes for New Super Mario Bros. In New Super Mario Bros 2, a rainbow course appears instead.
- Star Mushroom House, (ends with 99)
- 1-up Mushroom House, (ends with 11 or 22)
- Mushroom House, (ends with 33, 44, 55, 66, 77, 88)