Eyerok from Super Mario 64
|First Game||Super Mario 64 (1996)|
|Appearances||Super Mario 64|
Super Mario 64 DS
Mario Kart DS
|Homeland||Shifting Sand Land|
|Location||Shifting Sand Land|
- "Who... walk... here? Who... break... seal? Wake... ancient... ones? We no like light... Rrrrummbbble... We no like... intruders! Now battle... ... hand... to... hand!"
- ― Eyerok, Super Mario 64
Eyerok is a creature made of stone bricks that appears in Super Mario 64 and Super Mario 64 DS that Mario has to fight in order to get a Power Star in Shifting Sand Land. They reappear in Mario Kart DS as a Boss Mission.
Super Mario 64/DS
In Super Mario 64, he is composed of two giant rock hands with eyes on the palms. He resides in the pyramid but Mario must find a secret entrance to reach him. It will open when he's been on the top of all four of the pillars on the level. He is fought on a platform that's surrounded by pits on three sides. He can attack by slamming down his fists on Mario which takes 3 HP. He can also try to push Mario down from the platform, causing an instant death. He can only be attacked when his eyes are open which is only when one of the hands aren't attacking. After both of his eyes have been punched three times, he will be defeated and Mario will earn another Power Star.
He is fought on star four in the mission Standing on the Four Pillars in Shifting Sand Land and is fought in exactly the same way in Super Mario 64 DS.
Mario Kart DS
Eyerok appeared again in Mario Kart DS as the second boss in mission mode. He must be fought by Mario in this version and he can be defeated by shooting green shells at him when his eyes are open. He isn't completely defenseless as he whirls around in the air and comes down, crushing Mario and making him lose a balloon. He also goes ballistic after you hit him two times. He repeatedly comes down hard. So if you wanna be in his way when he goes crazy, thinking your brave, go right ahead. You will get flattened. No doubt about it.
- Eyerok can also be split into two words Eye and rock, which is how Nintendo created the name. Also there is the pun "I rock" in its name.
- Eyerok has the most health in Super Mario 64 as both his hands have 3 HP each, giving him 6 HP in total. Not even Bowser's final form has that much health.
- Eyerok is similar to Rollodillo from Super Mario Galaxy 2 as both bosses have the most amount of hit points.
- Originally, Eyerok had no name and they were called "the ancient ones."