Excitebike: Bun Bun Mario Battle Stadium, also known as Mario Excite Bike, BX Mario Excite Bike, and Excite Bike 2 is a video game for the Satellaview (available only in Japan), and a remake of this game. Unlike the original Excitebike, the human racers have been replaced by Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, Wario, Toad, Yoshi, and some of Bowser's Koopa Troopa. The concept of the game was unchanged except for a "SUPER" mode where the player has unlimited turbo, as well as the addition of coins. The coins are spread out on the courses and increase top speed.
Other ports and remakes
The original Excitebike has appeared on a number of gaming platforms since its debut in 1984.
- A version of the game was released for the Japan-only NEC PC-8801 by Hudson Soft in 1985.
- Players can unlock the title on the Nintendo 64 sequel game Excitebike 64.
- Players can unlock the title (one of several bonus NES games included) on the GameCube game Animal Crossing.
- In 2003, it was released as a five E-card set game, entitled Excitebike-e, for the now-discontinued e-Reader, a device for the Game Boy Advance used for scanning special "e-Cards" to play games, obtain information, or unlock special content.
- In 2004, it was released as part of the Game Boy Advance Classic NES Series. This version is the first non-Japan version to allow the player to save their tracks, although this port only has one savable track.
- The game was added to the European Virtual Console on February 16, 2007, the same day its spiritual successor, Excite Truck, was released there. The game was added to the North American Virtual Console on March 19 2007 .
- The Nintendo DSi includes an Excitebike visualizer that is used while playing music from your SD card on Nintendo DSi Sound.