|Donkey Kong Land 2|
The North American boxart.
|Release date|| November 23, 1996|
September 1, 1996
November 28, 1996
|Previous game||Donkey Kong Land|
|Next game||Donkey Kong Land III|
As the manual for Donkey Kong Land 2 was poorly revised and is copied from Donkey Kong Country 2's manual, there is no proper storyline for the game. The storyline is simply a copy of Donkey Kong Country 2's storyline itself.
The storyline from the manual; King K. Rool and his band of Kremlings apenapped Donkey Kong. They're demanding the Kongs to hand over the banana hoard for Donkey's safe return. Donkey Kong would have a fit if they lost the banana hoard again. So it's up to Diddy and Dixie Kong to save him. Help the two monkeys make their way through all the Kremlings and all the traps to find Donkey Kong.
There is controversy over the original storyline for the game as no proper storyline is given. DK Vine rumors that Kaptain K. Rool used some sort of magic to raise Crocodile Isle out of the water and once again kidnap Donkey. It can also be assumed that the story is a retelling of Donkey Kong Country 2, given to all the similarities in the game.
Worlds and Levels
- Rambi the Rhinoceros
- Enguarde the Swordfish
- Rattly the Rattlesnake
- Squawks the Parrot
- Clapper the Seal
- Flapper the Parrot
Differences from Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
Commonly thought to be a Game Boy remake of Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, given to the many similarities, this is an incorrect statement for reasons below;
- The limitations of the Game Boy caused Kackles to lack an appearance.
- Enemies such as Cat-O-9-Tails, Kutlass and Kaboom were removed from the game.
- Krem Cauldron is a merge of Crocodile Cauldron and Krem Quay, due to the Game Boy's limitation. This means all the levels are crammed together from the two worlds into Krem Cauldron.
- Because of this, Kudgel is removed in Donkey Kong Land 2
- The levels may be named the same, but have a completely different layout. Boss strategies have also changed.
- Haunted Hall and Castle Crush is replaced with Krazy Koaster and Dungeon Danger respectively.
- The game is not called Donkey Kong Country 2, but rather called Donkey Kong "Land" 2.
- The team-up move was removed from the game because of the limitations of the Game Boy.
Donkey Kong Land 2 has a fair amount of beta elements in the game itself. The list of beta element is as listed;
- Donkey Kong Land 2 was going to have the subtitle Diddy's Kong Quest, but was removed as Donkey Kong Country 2 already had the subtitle, thus making the subtitle redundant.
- A Boss Bossanova theme was possibly going to be used for boss battles such as Krow. This soundtrack was later replaced with the Crocodile Cacophony for unknown reasons.