- "Welcome! This is Dinosaur Land. In this strange land we find that Princess Toadstool is missing again! Looks like Bowser is at it again!"
- ― Title Screen
Dinosaur Land is a big land that is the setting of Super Mario World and is home to many species of animals. Yoshis live on Yoshi's Island and other parts of this land. It contains a mountain, a forest, a hollow inside dome, and also an underground valley. Bowser and the Koopa Troop took over Dinosaur Land and trapped the Yoshis in eggs. Bowser also built a castle in the underground valley and took Princess Peach with him. Mario and Luigi eventually defeats Bowser and his army and restores Dinosaur Land to its previous state.
- Yoshi's Island
- Donut Plains
- Vanilla Dome
- Vanilla Secret (part of Vanilla Dome)
- Cheese Bridge Area (part of Twin Bridges)
- Butter Bridge (part of Twin Bridges)
- Cookie Mountain (part of Twin Bridges)
- Soda Lake (part of Twin Bridges
- Forest of Illusion
- Chocolate Island
- Valley of Bowser
- Star Road
- Special World
Dinosaur Land, Specifically Yoshi's Island is primarily inhabited by Yoshi's. As for the other native species, it is unknown what creatures already lived in Dinosaur Land and what creatures came there when Bowser's forces attacked the islands. During Mario's stay in Dinosaur land, Koopas, Goombas, as well as inorganic creatures like Thwomps and Bullet Bills.
Dinosaur Land is the setting that all the episodes of the Super Mario World show take place.
Dinosaur Land was the inspiration for Dinohattan in the Super Mario Bros film.