DK Mountain as seen in Mario Kart Double Dash!!.
|First appearance||Mario Kart: Double Dash!! (2003)|
|Appears in|| Mario Kart: Double Dash!!|
Mario Kart Wii
|Retro Cup||Lightning Cup|
The course appears to take place in the prehistoric times when dinosaurs once roamed the Earth. It seems to also take place in a jungle, due to all of the trees. There is also a gigantic volcano appearing in the course. It can only be accessed by the DK Cannon blasting players at a high speed to it. Boulders also appear to roll around the area.
Differences between Double Dash!! and Mario Kart Wii
- "Donkey Cannon" is renamed to "DK Cannon" in the game.
- On the course's map, the straight line has been deleted that indicates players being shot out of it, leaving a blank space in the map.
- Halfpipe ramps have been placed on the first set of switchbacks.
- Stunt ramps have been placed on the hills heading downhill from the summit.
- At the start, go past the mud using your mushroom.
- Go to the left when close to the edge of the cliff.
- The hard trick is go between the halfpipe ramp and the metal fence to go across.
- Unlike most courses, the grass on this track does not slow players down.
- It's music is reused in Dino Dino Jungle, a paired level to DK Mountain.
- The wooden bridge is missing in a picture of DK Mountain in the original website for Mario Kart: Double Dash!!.